Sometimes the battle can feel like it goes on forever. Don't be discouraged. Change can come at the most unexpected moment! This is why you need to train your mind like a warrior, to be strong within so the feelings do not rule you.
When you feel yourself feeling weary stir up your memories of something good - and if you can't find those:
* talk to someone who can inspire you,
* read a book about someone else's success,
* hire a coach who can help you get past the feelings and limits and get you into momentum,
* avoid the triggers that remind you of when things haven't worked out,
* break your daily patterns so your brain has to cope with new things
* commit to not saying anything negative out of your mouth, catch yourself and reframe your words
* listen to music that is uplifting and happy, dance!
“Come to me, all those labouring and being burdened, and I will give you rest (to refresh, take ease). Take my yoke on you (yoke means to join ie servitude (a law or obligation)), and learn from Me; for I am meek (gentle, humble) and lowly in heart; and you will find rest to your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light’. Matthew 11:29-30
“..that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven..” Matthew 18:19
“Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Till seven times? (Peter talks about 7 times because of the story in Genesis 4 when Cain messed up and God said if anyone retaliated they would be dealt with sevenfold). Jesus said unto him, Until seven times; but until seventy times seven..’ Matthew 18:21,22
- in other words, forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness….you have no right to hold a grudge for any reason! (Read verse 35)
“Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit’ says the Lord of hosts” Zechariah 4:6
“Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good” Romans 12:21
“For you have girded me with strength for battle: You have subdued under me those who rose up against me” Psalm 18:39
And can I offer you a little bit of extra advice… take it or leave it as you will…
Don’t hang around people who are always comforting you, saying it’s going to be alright, or saying they understand… they mean well, but it keeps you where you are!
Faith grabs hold of the thoughts that God can help, he can intervene, he can change circumstances - you do not have to accept the status quo.
Avoid well meaning people who keep you in your comfort zone. If you want change, they will not help you get there.
There is a powerful life available to you when you partner with God. You have the Holy Spirit, you have His word, you have faith, you have everything you need…..so believe it, do everything you can to embrace it!